Volunteering opportunities at The Penwith Gallery
If you'r interested in volunteering please fill out your details below and a member of staff will be in contact shortly- Thank you!
Gallery Assistant Volunteer
Purpose of Role:
To act as a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for visitors to Penwith Gallery, providing information about the history of the gallery and artists, café duties (full training provided) and dealing with shop and gallery sales.
· Opportunity to meet people, gain valuable work experience and develop customer service skills.
· Free tea and coffee
· Invitations to PV and other events
· The opportunity to meet like-minded people
· The knowledge that you are making an invaluable contribution .
· Welcoming visitors
· Providing information about Penwith Gallery, its history, artists and exhibitions
· Taking payments by cash and card for associate membership, gallery and Cafe sales
· Dealing with enquiries in person and on the telephone
· Message taking and referral
· Ensuring that visitors are welcomed
some of our Volunteering opportunities include:
assisting in the hanging of our exhibitions
marketing & promotion
day-to-day running of the gallery
helping on Private Views